Even going solely on what we receive through our inbox every day, it is pretty clear that Northern Ireland is musically diverse. The Arts Council of Northern Ireland are keen for us to promote and further develop this diversity and have opened a new touring programme for applications.
The aim of the programme is to:
• Promote quality jazz, world, chamber and contemporary music which tours to a minimum of 3 venues outside the company’s administrative base.
• Advance collaborative audience development projects with Audiences NI and venues in Northern Ireland.
• Develop audiences for music in Northern Ireland.
• Strengthen relationships between those involved in artistic, audience and programme development on both the supply (artists, producers) and demand (promoters, audiences) sides of touring.
• Engage in active advocacy for specialist providers and promoters with local authorities and venues to ensure a fully rounded, high-quality programme of musical performance across NI.
Ciaran Scullion, Head of Music at the Arts Council said: “At the heart of this new funding programme is the Arts Council’s commitment to promote access to the best in music, whatever your tastes – classic, jazz, traditional, folk, electronic or contemporary. The Northern Ireland Music Touring Programme aims to help artists and producers work more closely with promoters and venues so that together, they are developing new audiences for year-round, high-quality music on tour.”
The closing date for applications is Thursday 20th March 2014 at 4pm. If you are interested you can apply here: Arts Council NI