James Loveday is well known in the rock and metal scene in Northern Ireland as the architect behind the Distortion Project. Regularly famed for putting on exceptional gigs across Belfast featuring the best local, national and international talent as well as sending bands to take part in Bloodstock.
The Distortion Project are teaming with renowned recording studio, Start Together to offer three bands the opportunity to record their next album for free and have it released on the newly resurrected Distortion Project Records. This opportunity has been funded by Gary Lightbody and Davy Matchett at Third Bar Artist Development
The lucky winners will get one week’s studio time plus mastering at Start Together to record their album. The Distortion Project will then release that album on CD, vinyl, and digitally through our respective distribution partners and the Distortion Project’s online shop. In addition, the prize also includes a sustained PR campaign via selected media partners to ensure the release is properly promoted.
On top of this The Distortion Project will provide further help in the form of booking tours, shows, and festivals (where possible), to support the release as well as general help and guidance, planning, advice, strategies, etc. This will be specific to each band and tailored to suit their needs. All at no cost to the artist in question.
The application criteria is as follows:-
– Must be based in Northern Ireland
– Must be active with a stable line-up
– Must have live experience and be prepared to tour and play live in 2022 and beyond. Tour experience is a bonus too.
– Must have, or be working towards, a full album’s worth of material. This project is geared towards full-length releases and not Eps etc.
– Must be unsigned / self-signed. Having previous releases on a smaller label is fine too.
To apply, email your EPK (or link to it) together with your social media links and a Youtube video and how you meet the additional criteria listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Wednesday 1st September 2021.