The first eight bands to appear at this year’s installment of the Monsters Of Rot one-day festival have been confirmed.
The fifth annual celebration of all that is best about the extreme metal scene on the island of Ireland – and beyond – takes place in Letterbreen, County Fermanagh, on Saturday 1st August 2015.
The first eight bands announced for the main PlanetMosh Stage are:
- Dublin grindcore merchants Abaddon Incarnate,
- UK black metallers Aklash,
- Belfast metal crew, and Bloodstock Metal 2 The Masses semi-finalists, Altus,
- Lisnaskea alt-metallers Attack The Day,
- Limavady hardcord protagonists Axecatcher,
- Dublin death metal gurus Guttrench,
- Dublin punks Job Seekers, and
- Drogheda crusties Okus.
More bands will be announced over the coming weeks, as will details of the event’s second stage.
Tickets for the event will cost £15, or €18, including camping, and will be available soon from the events official website, www.monstersofrot.com.
A special return bus service will also operate from Belfast to Letterbreen, via Portadown. Again, details will be announced in the near future.
In the meantime, you can keep abreast of developments via the Monsters Of Rot V Facebook page.