We hope the phrase better late than never will come to mind as we announce Kickstart 2019.
For a variety of reasons we toyed with the idea of putting the Kickstart programme on hold for a year. However, after much reflection, we thought it would be a shame not to continue our drive to boost the profile of musicians from Northern Ireland.
As usual we have a plethora of prizes on offer for the eventual winner, thanks to our very supportive partners. Two of our previous winners in SOAK and Brand New Friend have gone on to big things, maybe you’ll be next….
► Professional Career Advice – Courtesy of Third Bar Artist Development
► Single Recording – Courtesy of Half Bap Studios
► Video for your Single – Courtesy of SJD Creative
► Festival Slot – Courtesy of Stendhal Festival of Art
► Festival Slot – Courtesy of Atlantic Sessions
► One Month PR – Courtesy of Thrill Merchants
► First Play of your Single – Courtesy of Electric Mainline
►Music Industry Contacts – Courtesy of The Unsigned Guide
► Professional Photoshoot – Courtesy of Conor Kerr Photography
► Single Launch Gig in Belfast – Courtesy of Chordblossom
► Support Slot in Derry/Londonderry – Courtesy of MRK Events
► Support Slot in Omagh – Courtesy of Brave Face Events
How To Enter ►
You must be a musician or band originally from Northern Ireland and have not released a full length album. If you meet this criteria please follow the link below to complete your entry.
Timeline For The Competition ►
– Monday 20th May 2019 – Competition announced and entry opens
– Saturday 1st June 2019 – Entries Close at 8PM
– Monday 10th June 2019 – Initial Shortlist Announced
– Monday 17th June 2019 – 4 Finalists Announced
– Monday 1st July 2019 – Chordblossom’s Kickstart 2019 Winner Announced
Frequently Asked Questions ►
– I have entered the competition before, am I still eligible to enter this year?
Yes, as long as you meet the normal criteria. However, please send through a different song.
– Is there a restriction on the genre of music for Kickstart?
No, we welcome applications from musicians and bands of any genre.
– I don’t have a studio quality recording, can I still enter?
Yes, we aren’t looking for the most polished of singles. We will listen to all tracks and demos that are sent in.
– Can I send through a link to my music on Spotify/Youtube/Soundcloud/Bandcamp or WAV file rather than an MP3?
NO! We are only able to accept an MP3 version of your track. If you have a file in a different format, please convert it using software available like media.io.
– Is there a showcase gig this year?
No, there will not be a showcase gig this year.
– Who will judge the different stages of the competition?
For the initial shortlist, the decision will be taken by the Chordblossom team of contributors.
For the final four, a panel of people who work in the music industry here will take a decision. Previously this has included local promoters, journalists and other industry professionals.
– I have a question that you haven’t answered, what should I do?
If you have any other questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.